Here are some tips to help make the most of your barbecue experience:
NEW THIS YEAR!
- Arrive on time. And by "on time" we mean EARLY (lines start to form at 10:30am). FastPasses are still available here, but 'cue lovers know that the early bird gets the...well they get the 'cue!
- Pack a picnic blanket. Park benches fill up fast, so the lawn is a great place to enjoy your delicious barbecue.
- Snag front row seats. We have a stellar Music lineup this year and fun cooking demos from our friends at Southern Living throughout the day!
- Getting there is easy. Whether you're walking, biking, or coming by subway...the options are endless. The closest subway stops are 6 to 28th or 23rd streets, N/R to 23rd street.
- The event is Rain or Shine! So layer up, bring a raincoat and plan to prove to Mother Nature that your love of great 'cue knows no bounds.
- BigPiggin' VIP passes come loaded with $100 to spend on barbecue AND the benefit of a grassy lounge in the North end of the park. More information here.
- Our friends at Flavour Gallery have decided to join the fun and will be selling Official Big Apple Barbecue T-shirts at the Merch Tent AND online. The opportunities are endless...
- Cash and Credit Cards will be accepted at all points of sale!
- The North Bar near the fountain in the park is a great place to grab drinks and relax with friends!
- The Box Office is located in Madison Square Park east of the main lawn between 24th & 25th Streets. It will be open on Saturday, June 7th from 9:30am - 6pm and on Sunday, June 8th from 9:30am – 4pm. Passes purchased in advance may be picked up at the Box Office with a photo ID, and any remaining passes will be available for purchase, while supplies last. But they are going fast…so don’t miss out!
See you this weekend!
Big Apple Barbecue Block Party