Potlikker Film Festival: Big Apple Barbecue Block Party
Presented by Southern Foodways Alliance and Union Square Hospitality Group
Friday, June 8 @ Blue Smoke 116 27th Street from 6:00-9:00pm
On June 8, 2012 -- the eve of the 10th annual Big Apple Barbecue Block Party -- the Southern Foodways Alliance invites you to shoot potlikker, inhale deviled eggs, mainline gumbo, and gnaw rib bones, all in celebration of our nation’s requited love affair with barbecue.
Among the Highlights:
- Julian Van Winkle pours from his family stash of brown whiskey.
- Joe York screens three new barbecue documentaries, all filmed in Smell-a-Vision.
- Kenny Callaghan, captain of the pits at Blue Smoke, leads an all-star cast of Southern imports, including:
- Robert Newton, an Arkansan cooking his way to glory at Seersucker, Brooklyn, New York
- Ryan Prewitt, a Tennessean stirring the pots at Herbsaint, New Orleans, Louisiana
TICKETS are available by advance purchase only. No tickets will be available at the door. Click here to purchase tickets online.